Cherokee Uniforms 2015 A Nurse I Am Scholarship Information
To make the film "A Nurse I Am" especially rewarding, Cherokee Uniforms is offering up to 10 scholarships of $2,000 each for nursing students who complete an application, submit an essay on the required assignment, and are judged as winners.
To participate, you will need to have watched either version of "A Nurse I Am" - the 32-minute Educational Version or the 62-minute documentary. We highly recommend that you watch both.
You must fully address the question.
Patients and their family members base their perceptions of the care received on their personal experience with the medical personnel they interact with. After viewing the film "A Nurse I Am" describe how the nurses in the film build a positive rapport with patients and their family members. How will you ensure that you provide those you care for with a positive healthcare experience?
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited LVN/LPN, RN degree (ADN or BSN), diploma, or RN-to-BSN program, and must begin/ have begun classes no later than Jan. 31, 2015. Enrollment may be on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal residents.
- Applicants' nursing education programs must be located within the 50 U.S. states.
- Must complete the 2015 application and the essay requirement described on the application.
- The essay must be typed and double-spaced in 10 point Times New Roman font.
- In the top left corner of each page, include the following on separate lines: first and last name, contact telephone number, e-mail address, and date.
- Essay word limit: 750 words
Notification of Selection:
Individuals selected for awards will be notified by letter or e-mail by June 30, 2015. Awardees will be required to submit a signed Authorization to Release Information form, Publicity Release form, Consent to Photograph form, Statement of Enrollment Certification, a digital photo of themselves, and a W-9 form (for tax reporting purposes). Cherokee Uniforms will promote scholarship recipients on its websites and in the media.
The A Nurse I Am Scholarship provides awardees $2,000 each for use toward paying tuition, fees and any other school-related expenses.
The completed application and essay must be postmarked by March 1, 2015.
Mail completed application form to:
Cherokee Uniforms A Nurse I Am Scholarship Program
9800 De Soto Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311