Cherokee Uniforms 2014 A Nurse I Am Scholarship Information
To make the film "A Nurse I Am" especially rewarding, Cherokee Uniforms is offering up to 10 scholarships of $2,000 each for nursing students who complete an application, submit an essay on the required assignment, and are judged as winners.
To participate, you will need to have watched either version of "A Nurse I Am" - the 32-minute Educational Version or the 62-minute documentary. We highly recommend that you watch both.
You must address the question fully.
Each of the nurses in the film A Nurse I Am was united in their complete care for the patients they served and went above and beyond the call of duty. As a nurse, you may be tempted to take shortcuts in patient care to meet demands and complete your workload — sometimes at the expense of patient-centered care. In light of the increased demands and workload that you may face as a nurse, how will you overcome the temptation to become goal-focused instead of patient-focused? What steps can you take as a student to help prevent this mentality and to view each patient as an individual worthy of your best work as a nurse?
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited LVN/LPN, RN degree (ADN or BSN), diploma, or RN-to-BSN program, and must begin/ have begun classes no later than Jan. 31, 2014. Enrollment may be on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal residents.
- Applicants' nursing education programs must be located within the 50 U.S. states.
- Must complete the 2014 application and the essay requirement described on the application.
- The essay must be typed and double-spaced in 10 point Times New Roman font.
- In the top left corner of each page, include the following on separate lines: first and last name, contact telephone number, e-mail address, and date.
- Essay word limit: 750 words
Notification of Selection:
Individuals selected for awards will be notified by letter or e-mail by June 15, 2014. Awardees will be required to submit a signed Authorization to Release Information form, Publicity Release form, Consent to Photograph form, Statement of Enrollment Certification, a digital photo of themselves, and a W-9 form (for tax reporting purposes). Cherokee Uniforms will promote scholarship recipients on its websites and in the media.
The A Nurse I Am Scholarship provides awardees $2,000 each for use toward paying tuition, fees and any other school-related expenses.
The completed application and essay must be postmarked by March 1, 2014.
Mail completed application form to:
Cherokee Uniforms A Nurse I Am Scholarship Program
9800 De Soto Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311